Apply Anywhere in India for Passport Services
June 26, 2018
- Hon’ble Minister of External Affairs Smt. Sushma Swaraj today launched a new scheme by which an applicant can apply for passport from anywhere in India on the occasion of the Sixth Passport Seva Divas on 26 June, 2018 in the gracious presence of Hon’ble
Minister of State for Communications (I/C) Shri Manoj Sinha and Hon’ble Minister of State for External Affairs General (Retd) Dr. V. K. Singh.
- With the launch of this new scheme, applicants can now choose the Regional Passport Office (RPO) and thus the desired Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) under the RPO where they wish to submit their application irrespective
of whether the present residential address specified in the application form lies within the jurisdiction of the selected RPO or not. The Police Verification, if required for a specific passport, would be conducted at the address specified in the application
form. The passport will be printed and despatched by the RPO selected for application submission by the applicant.
- For example, a resident of Jaipur, who is temporarily residing in Kolkata, will now be able to apply at a PSK/POPSK under RPO, Kolkata, and does not have to travel all the way back to Jaipur to submit an application for passport at a PSK/POPSK under RPO,
Jaipur. The police verification, if necessary, would be conducted at Jaipur. RPO, Kolkata, would print and despatch the passport at the address specified in the passport application form.
- This citizen-centric initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs is expected to benefit the applicants who are unable to apply at a PSK/POPSK near their ordinary place of residence.
- Applicants are requested to visit the Passport Portal at www.passportIndia.gov.in for further details on this new scheme.
June 26, 2018