Working Session 7: Common Endeavor for a Sustainable Planet (including Climate, Energy, Environment)Excellencies,
- Today we are at an important turning point in history.
- In a world that is plagued by many problems, climate change, environmental protection and energy security are among the biggest challenges today.
- One of the barriers in fighting these big challenges is that we look at climate change only from an energy perspective.
- We should increase the scope of our discussions.
- In Indian civilization, the Earth has been given the status of a mother.
- And to find solution to these challenges, we need to hear the call of the Mother Earth. Accordingly, we have to change ourselves, change our behavior.
- In this spirit, India has created institutional solutions for the whole world such as Mission Life, International Solar Alliance, Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure, Mission Hydrogen, Biofuel Alliance, Big Cat Alliance.
- Today, the farmers of India are walking on the path of progress and development by saving every drop of water, following the mission of "Per Drop More Crop".
- We are moving swiftly towards our goal of Net Zero by 2070.
- Our vast railway network has decided to become Net Zero by 2030.
- Currently, the installed capacity of renewable energy in India is about 175 Megawatts. In 2030 it will reach around 500 Megawatts.
- We consider all our efforts as our responsibility towards the Earth.
- These values are the foundation of our development and are rooted in the ambitious goals of our development journey.
- Environmental commitments are not a hindrance but a catalyst in India's development journey.
- While moving towards Climate Action, we have to make the Green and Clean Technology supply chains resilient.
- If we do not provide technology transfer and affordable financing to the countries in need, then our discussion will be futile. There will be no change on the ground.
- I can proudly say that the people of India are conscious about the environment and understand their responsibilities.
- For centuries this sense of responsibility has been imbibed in us.
- India is fully prepared to make its contribution together with all.
DISCLAIMER - This is the approximate translation of Prime Minister's remarks. Original remarks were delivered in Hindi.