Draft Emigration Bill 2021
Ministry of External Affairs
Comments on draft Emigration Bill, 2021
- The Ministry of External Affairs proposes to introduce the Emigration Bill, 2019 in Parliament that will replace the existing Emigration Act, 1983.
- Draft Emigration Bill, 2021 as well as a brief explanation of the proposed legislation can be accessed below.
- Comments/suggestions on various aspects of the draft Bill were sought between 01 June 2021 and 03 July 2021 (33 Days).
- Ministry received many valuable comments and opinions. However, there are requests from various sections of the public for an extension of the deadline. In view of this, the deadline for receiving comments is being extended by two (2) weeks i.e till 17 July 2021.
- Comments/suggestions may be sent to the Ministry of External Affairs latest by 17 July 2021 at the following email Ids:
- Draft Emigration Bill 2021 (Size : 400 KB)