Consular, Passport and Visa Division Consular, Passport and Visa Division

Mutual Legal Assistance In Civil And Commercial Matters

Q: Who is the central authority in India handling requests for Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters?

Cases pertaining to civil and commercial matters are required to be taken up with the Ministry of Law & Justice, which is the Central Authority on these matters and finalizes and notifies treaties and arrangements with other countries as per the relevant statutory provisions in the Code of Civil Procedure.