Shri Saurabh Kumar, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs, India together with H.E. Dato’ Amran Bin Mohamed Zin, Deputy Secretary General for Bilateral Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia co-chaired the 5th Foreign Office Consultations (bilateral consultations) between India and Malaysia on 12 April 2022 at Putrajaya, Malaysia.Click here for Urdu version
Click here for Bengali version
Click here for Gujarati version
Click here for Kannada version
Click here for Malayalam version
Click here for Odia version
Click here for Punjabi version
Click here for Tamil version
Click here for Telugu version
Click here for Assamese version
2. During the visit, Secretary (East) also paid a courtesy call on H.E. Dato’ Sri Saifuddin Abdullah, Foreign Minister of Malaysia and exchanged views on India-Malaysia bilateral ties.
3. Reviewing the multi-faceted relations between India and Malaysia during the Foreign Office Consultations, both sides expressed their desire to advance the overall bilateral relations within the framework of the Enhanced Strategic Partnership of 2015. The Foreign Office Consultations provided an opportunity to review the entire gamut of bilateral relations and exchange views on contemporary regional and global issues of mutual interest.
4. Both sides expressed satisfaction on the growing economic and commercial ties, and expressed the hope for faster revival of relations in post-Covid period taking into account the shared commitment of both sides to further intensify cooperation in a wide range of areas.
5. The two sides agreed to work for reactivating the bilateral mechanisms in different sectors, and for presenting the results to the next ministerial level Joint Commission Meeting to be held on mutually convenient dates.
6. As this year marks 65 years of establishment of diplomatic relations, both sides agreed to hold commemorative events in a befitting manner both in India and Malaysia.
7. It was agreed to hold the next FOC at a mutually convenient date in New Delhi.
April 12, 2022