1. The first Trilateral Working Group Meeting between India, Iran and Uzbekistan on the joint use of Chabahar Port was held virtually on December 14, 2020.
2. The Meeting was jointly chaired by Secretary (Shipping), Shi Sanjeev Ranjan, Government of India, Deputy Minister of Transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Mr. D. Dehkanov and Deputy Transport Minister of Islamic Republic of Iran, Mr. Shahram Adamnejad.
3. During the meeting, the participants discussed joint use of Chabahar Port for trade and transit purposes and enhanced regional connectivity. All sides also noted the significant role played by Chabahar port for the region to deliver humanitarian assistance
during the COVID pandemic.
4. All sides welcomed India’s proposal to hold "Chabahar Day” on the sidelines of the International Maritime Summit scheduled to be hosted by India in January 2021.
5. The meeting was held as a follow up of decisions taken during the virtual summit held between Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and President H.E. Mr. Shavkat Mirziyoyev of Uzbekistan on December 11, 2020.
December 14, 2020
Click here for Urdu version
Click here for Bengali version
Click here for Gujarati version
Click here for Kannada version
Click here for Malayalam version
Click here for Odia version
Click here for Punjabi version
Click here for Tamil version
Click here for Telugu version
Click here for Assamese version