1. The 3rd Foreign Office Consultations between India and New Zealand were held virtually on 25 May, 2021. Ms. Riva Ganguly Das, Secretary (East) led the Indian delegation while New Zealand-side was led by Mr. Mark Sinclair, Deputy Secretary, Americas and Asia Group, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The previous round of consultations took place on 5 February 2019 in New Delhi. Click here for Urdu version
Click here for Bengali version
Click here for Gujarati version
Click here for Kannada version
Click here for Malayalam version
Click here for Odia version
Click here for Punjabi version
Click here for Tamil version
Click here for Telugu version
Click here for Assamese version
2. Comprehensively reviewing ongoing bilateral cooperation, both sides discussed the steps to be taken to enhance the depth and momentum of engagement in different areas including defence and security, trade and investment, space, counterterrorism, cyber security, disarmament and climate change, and for strengthening people-to-people ties.
3. Response to COVID-19 pandemic, and access to vaccines and medicines for containing COVID globally were also discussed.
4. Both sides exchanged views on various regional issues. They reiterated the importance of closer cooperation for a rules-based international order and a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region. They also discussed ways to strengthen coordination in multilateral and regional fora.
5. The consultations were held in a friendly and cordial atmosphere. Both sides agreed to hold the next consultations at a mutually convenient date.
May 25, 2021