Pravasi Bharatiya Samman
The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award (PBSA) is the highest honour conferred on overseas Indians.
PBSA is conferred by the President of India as a part of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Conventions organized annually since 2003 on a Non-Resident Indian, Person of Indian Origin or an organization or institution established and run by the Non-Resident
Indians or Persons of Indian Origin, who has made significant contribution in any one of the following fields :
- Better understanding abroad of India;
- Support to India’s causes and concerns in a tangible way;
- Building closer links between India, the overseas Indian community and their country of residence;
- Social and humanitarian causes in India or abroad;
- Welfare of the local Indian community;
- Philanthropic and charitable work;
- Eminence in one’s field or outstanding work, which has enhanced India’s prestige in the country of residence; or
- Eminence in skills which has enhanced India’s prestige in that country (for non-professional workers).
||Country Wise Recipients 2003-2015
Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards (PBSA) 2017
The 15th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention will be held on 7 – 9 January 2017 in Bengaluru. As in previous years, the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards (PBSAs) will be conferred by the Hon’ble President at the PBD Convention on 9 January
2017 as the highest honour conferred on overseas Indians by the Government of India in recognition of their achievements both in India and abroad. The awards will be conferred on a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or an NRI/ PIO Organization/
Institution, who have made a significant contribution in any of the fields mentioned in the Gazette Notification. The PBSA 2017 Gazette Notification dated 13.07.2016 issued in this regard and the nomination form are enclosed.
EXTENSION OF LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF PBSA 2017 NOMINATIONS
The last date for receipt of nominations for Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards 2017 in the Ministry is extended upto 29th August 2016 by 5.30 pm.