Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana (MGPSY)
The Mahatma Gandhi Suraksha Pravasi Yojana (MGPSY), a voluntary scheme with the objective of protection and welfare of the emigrant workers and to address their social security issues in Emigration check required (ECR) countries, was launched in May 2012.
However, the Scheme did not get an encouraging response and the same has been closed w.e.f 1st April 2017 with the approval of the Union Cabinet.
The modalities of closure of MGPSY are as follows:
- Migration of NPS lite pension subscribers of the age group of 18 to 40 years to Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
- Continuation of NPS lite pension subscribers of the age of above 40 years with Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
- Settlement of claims of Return & Resettlement (R&R) scheme by UTI arising up to 31st March 2017.
- Settlement of Insurance claims by LIC of India arising up to 31st March 2017.
Work relating to MGPSY subscribers with Bank of Baroda has also been transferred to M/s. Alankit Assignments Ltd. Subscribers enrolled with Bank of Baroda are, therefore, advised to contact M/s. Alankit Assignments Ltd.
The contact details of all the service providers are given below:-
- Alankit Assignments Limited, Alankit House , 4E/2 Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi - 110055, 011-42541234, 011- 42541835 (M) +91-95 82 200593 (W) www.alankit.com
- Alankit Global Resources DMCC Office No: 15L, Silver Tower, Cluster-I, Jumeirah Lake Towers, P.O.Box: 62494 Dubai, (UAE), Contact No. +971554557670 , +9714 4340899
E-mail: saurabhk[at]alankit[dot]com, alankitglobal@alankit[dot]com
- IFMR Rural Finance, PRODUCT PARTNERSHIPS 10th Floor-Phase 1, IIT-Madras Research Park, Kanagam Village, Taramani, Chennai 600 113, Tel: +91 44 66687437 / Mobile: +91-9840787663
- ESAF Microfinance & Investments (P) Ltd. 1 EMFIL Head Office, Hephzibah Complex, 2nd Floor, Mannuthy, Trichur Kerala 680651, Contact No. +91-04872373813, 04873262113, (M) 09349030249
E-mail: hariharang[at]esafmicrfin[dot]com, info[at]esafmicrofin[dot]com